One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Mediterranean fruit fly
- ‘The medfly and the melon fly both arrived in the late 1800s; the oriental fruit fly came in 1945; and the Malaysian fruit fly is the newcomer, first being found in Hawaii in 1983.’
- ‘The Mediterranean fruit fly, commonly called the medfly, is one of the world's most destructive agricultural pests.’
- ‘It was a medfly, a threat to a billion-dollar fruit industry.’
- ‘After apparently being eradicated by 1930, the medfly was spotted again in 1956 in Miami.’
- ‘A young wasp grows inside the medfly, eventually killing it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.