One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Mediterranean fruit fly
- ‘After apparently being eradicated by 1930, the medfly was spotted again in 1956 in Miami.’
- ‘A young wasp grows inside the medfly, eventually killing it.’
- ‘It was a medfly, a threat to a billion-dollar fruit industry.’
- ‘The medfly and the melon fly both arrived in the late 1800s; the oriental fruit fly came in 1945; and the Malaysian fruit fly is the newcomer, first being found in Hawaii in 1983.’
- ‘The Mediterranean fruit fly, commonly called the medfly, is one of the world's most destructive agricultural pests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.