Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for stroke play
- ‘Seventy two holes of medal play was the highlight of these gatherings and the $300 prize fund was a mighty reward given the times in which they lived.’
- ‘The competition was a medal play using the A & B courses and white tees.’
- ‘The first day, medal play, Sam shot 69 and I shot 70.’
- ‘The tournament was medal play with every stroke being counted.’
- ‘MGA events are medal play for low-handicap amateurs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.