Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for stroke play
- ‘The first day, medal play, Sam shot 69 and I shot 70.’
- ‘The competition was a medal play using the A & B courses and white tees.’
- ‘MGA events are medal play for low-handicap amateurs.’
- ‘The tournament was medal play with every stroke being counted.’
- ‘Seventy two holes of medal play was the highlight of these gatherings and the $300 prize fund was a mighty reward given the times in which they lived.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.