Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] Technology combining electronics and mechanical engineering.
- ‘Also created through the fund are numerous programs and scholarships, including new programs in entrepreneurship, nanotechnology and mechatronics.’
- ‘The making of a car involves mechanical, electrical, electronic and computer technologies, which is typical of mechatronics.’
- ‘While no specifics were provided, speculation on the new growth has suggested it will meet the ‘affordability test’ by growing popular programs including a new program in mechatronics.’
- ‘Instead, he stresses the region's high-level research and engineering work in fuel-cell development, mechatronics, telematics/mobile computing and virtual-engineering software.’
- ‘The new centres will essentially complement SKF's Europe research work on the five focus areas - bearings, seals, mechatronics, services and lubrication systems.’
- ‘Emerging areas include nanotechnology, mechatronics, biotechnology and molecular biology, agricultural engineering, food processing and food technology, telecom engineering and aerospace.’
- ‘Advances in electronics have brought big improvements to traditional ‘slushbox’ automatics, while the new science of mechatronics has allowed for the automation of manual gearboxes, pioneered by Ferrari.’
- ‘The building features labs for fabrication, multidisciplinary design and mechatronics, as well as four general classrooms and a 400-seat auditorium, one of the largest on campus.’
- ‘Other areas of growth include shipbuilding, sourcing, mechatronics, and MRO (maintenance, repair, and overhaul).’
- ‘They just love working with the kids, who all want to be involved with mechatronics.’
1980s: blend of mechanics and electronics.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.