One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular Technology combining electronics and mechanical engineering.
- ‘Advances in electronics have brought big improvements to traditional ‘slushbox’ automatics, while the new science of mechatronics has allowed for the automation of manual gearboxes, pioneered by Ferrari.’
- ‘Instead, he stresses the region's high-level research and engineering work in fuel-cell development, mechatronics, telematics/mobile computing and virtual-engineering software.’
- ‘The new centres will essentially complement SKF's Europe research work on the five focus areas - bearings, seals, mechatronics, services and lubrication systems.’
- ‘The making of a car involves mechanical, electrical, electronic and computer technologies, which is typical of mechatronics.’
- ‘They just love working with the kids, who all want to be involved with mechatronics.’
- ‘Other areas of growth include shipbuilding, sourcing, mechatronics, and MRO (maintenance, repair, and overhaul).’
- ‘Also created through the fund are numerous programs and scholarships, including new programs in entrepreneurship, nanotechnology and mechatronics.’
- ‘The building features labs for fabrication, multidisciplinary design and mechatronics, as well as four general classrooms and a 400-seat auditorium, one of the largest on campus.’
- ‘Emerging areas include nanotechnology, mechatronics, biotechnology and molecular biology, agricultural engineering, food processing and food technology, telecom engineering and aerospace.’
- ‘While no specifics were provided, speculation on the new growth has suggested it will meet the ‘affordability test’ by growing popular programs including a new program in mechatronics.’
1980s: blend of mechanics and electronics.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.