One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and use of machines.
- ‘At university, degrees in topics such as accountancy and architecture, or medicine and mechanical engineering are career orientated.’
- ‘He half wishes he had studied psychology instead of mechanical engineering at LSU.’
- ‘The course has reassured me that mechanical engineering is definitely the right career for me.’
- ‘After a common first year there are three specialist routes: signal engineering, civil and track engineering and electrical and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘He then studied mechanical engineering and mathematical physics at Hannover, Zurich and Göttingen.’
- ‘John Charnock is a professional engineer with a speciality in the field of mechanical engineering.’
- ‘Two of us are aviation students and one does mechanical engineering so there was a bit of science behind it.’
- ‘Most of the awards were for achievements in mechanical engineering, transport, information technology and telecommunications.’
- ‘With very few exceptions, most examples of bioadhesion have yet to be reduced to a simple set of principles in chemical and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘The standards of the eighteenth-century clockmaker were no longer an expensive skill, but part of the conventional wisdom of mechanical engineering.’
- ‘Again, with a far-sightedness way beyond his years, he chose mechanical engineering as his path after secondary school.’
- ‘Yash is due to study mechanical engineering in India.’
- ‘Complex connections between muscles, tendons, and bones can often be modeled using linkage theory from mechanical engineering.’
- ‘The college receives support in mechanical engineering, tools, and modern equipment and is considered a first class school.’
- ‘Daniel is a 22-year-old Australian Defence Force Academy graduate with a degree in mechanical engineering.’
- ‘He works as an engineering project manager and has a PhD in mechanical engineering.’
- ‘The scheme is run chiefly for boys interested in mechanics and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘Firstly, if you want to be involved in the design aspect of mechanical engineering then you should aim to study at a university for a degree.’
- ‘He's majoring in mechanical engineering, by the way.’
- ‘The result is a serious and growing shortage of skilled workers in key careers such as electronic design and mechanical engineering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.