One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When we walked to the jet, the mechs had the starboard engine-bay door open and were replacing bleed-air ducts.’
- ‘With all three mechs now using brute strength to avoid a collision between engine and airframe, I called out as loud as I could for help.’
- ‘We discussed our options with the crew, then the CAPC decided to taxi back to the line with the engine running and let our mechs have a look at the problem.’
- ‘Before he went to work, the mechs removed the engine side panel.’
- ‘The cause of the drop in control-boost pressure was never isolated, but mechs suspected it was related to the No.1 AFCS failure.’
- ‘The mechs replaced both flight-control computers and both stab actuators, which we submitted for an engineering investigation.’
- ‘The mechs installed two new engines before the next flight, and, for safety reasons, we ordered the two removed engines not to be installed together on the same aircraft again.’
2British A derailleur gear mechanism on a bicycle.
- ‘The rear mech attaches onto the axle making for a super stiff and ‘out of the way’ setup with no hangers to snap off.’
- ‘Then I discovered that the front mech was a bit past fixing, as the main spring had gone and it's not a user-serviceable part.’
- ‘It looked like he didn't properly fix the mech as on the final run it jammed and I couldn't pedal.’
- ‘The back wheel sounds like a baby's rattle and the mechs have been slowly rotting for a while now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.