One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The business of preparing and packing meat for transportation and sale.‘industries like meatpacking and tourism face a tremendous labour shortage’as modifier ‘wages in the meatpacking industry have been on a steady decline’
- ‘The incomes available in meatpacking are relatively good compared to other available jobs.’
- ‘Hazardous working conditions were not confined to the meatpacking industry.’
- ‘Workers at the meatpacking plants are poorly paid and overworked.’
- ‘Large feedlots and meatpacking corporations have lobbied against these strict regulations.’
- ‘The Foundation is housed in a 19-century warehouse in Manhattan's meatpacking district.’
- ‘Processors and retailers continue to merge and grow more powerful - as do other segments of production agriculture, such as meatpacking and poultry farming.’
- ‘Industries include textiles, meatpacking, beer brewing, and the manufacture of soap, cigarettes, and construction materials.’
- ‘During the years that followed, wages at the meatpacking factories improved slightly.’
- ‘He worked at the Agriprocessors kosher meatpacking plant in Postville, Iowa.’
- ‘This sort of black-market labour is now widespread in meatpacking, construction and garment manufacture.’
- ‘A generation ago, meatpacking workers earned some of the highest wages of any industrial workers in the United States.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.