One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The business of preparing and packing meat for transportation and sale.‘industries like meatpacking and tourism face a tremendous labour shortage’as modifier ‘wages in the meatpacking industry have been on a steady decline’
- ‘During the years that followed, wages at the meatpacking factories improved slightly.’
- ‘He worked at the Agriprocessors kosher meatpacking plant in Postville, Iowa.’
- ‘The incomes available in meatpacking are relatively good compared to other available jobs.’
- ‘A generation ago, meatpacking workers earned some of the highest wages of any industrial workers in the United States.’
- ‘Workers at the meatpacking plants are poorly paid and overworked.’
- ‘Processors and retailers continue to merge and grow more powerful - as do other segments of production agriculture, such as meatpacking and poultry farming.’
- ‘Large feedlots and meatpacking corporations have lobbied against these strict regulations.’
- ‘Industries include textiles, meatpacking, beer brewing, and the manufacture of soap, cigarettes, and construction materials.’
- ‘Hazardous working conditions were not confined to the meatpacking industry.’
- ‘This sort of black-market labour is now widespread in meatpacking, construction and garment manufacture.’
- ‘The Foundation is housed in a 19-century warehouse in Manhattan's meatpacking district.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.