Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A stupid person.‘listen, meathead, do as you're told’
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clodView synonyms
- ‘Perhaps she was a naive innocent who showed instant remorse and and he was an evil seducer who accused the arresting officer of being a sexless fascist meathead.’
- ‘The look may say meathead, but there's a razor-sharp mind behind the tattoos, and it's that intelligence that's sent Rollins to the most interesting places.’
- ‘The boys, being the meatheads they were, cheered and patted Drake on the back.’
- ‘What kind of meathead would be up for a suicide run?’
- ‘You know the really loud meathead that kept finishing all of your jokes and yelling at you to smoke a bowl?’
- ‘Not only were they torturing me into a night away from my work, they were doing it with the addition of meatheads like Steven.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.