One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A baked dish consisting of minced meat moulded into the shape of a loaf.‘a slice of meat loaf’
- ‘I grimaced involuntarily, thinking about the meat loaf they'd likely be serving.’
- ‘Even stale meat loaf is still good meat loaf, if you're really into meat loaf.’
- ‘He hesitates, probably at the disturbing mental image of me making meat loaf, and scratches the back of his neck.’
- ‘You know, I remember when meat loaf came back as some comfort food and blackened everything was in vogue.’
- ‘I didn't know whether to put any in the meat loaf I've been making.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.