One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A baked dish consisting of minced meat moulded into the shape of a loaf.‘a slice of meat loaf’
- ‘He hesitates, probably at the disturbing mental image of me making meat loaf, and scratches the back of his neck.’
- ‘I didn't know whether to put any in the meat loaf I've been making.’
- ‘I grimaced involuntarily, thinking about the meat loaf they'd likely be serving.’
- ‘You know, I remember when meat loaf came back as some comfort food and blackened everything was in vogue.’
- ‘Even stale meat loaf is still good meat loaf, if you're really into meat loaf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.