Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having no bounds or limits; unlimited.‘Otto had measureless charm’
boundless, limitless, without limit, unlimited, unbounded, untold, immense, vast, great, endless, unending, never-ending, without end, inexhaustible, infinite, cosmic, interminable, unceasing, everlasting, illimitable, immeasurable, incalculableView synonyms
- ‘The Evangelical calculus attempts to console and convert grieving relatives and witnesses by redefining such loss as a means to the measureless prize of eternal life.’
- ‘One is left to wonder if reality is a measureless sarcophagus containing us all, the living, dead, and those not yet born?’
- ‘He zipped along streams and paths of data, revelling in the freedom, in the measureless immensity that was inside.’
- ‘It relates to measureless expenditures of energy and is a violation of the integrity of the human being.’
- ‘They live in the measureless depths of the ocean off the Australian coast.’
- ‘Hard times have come upon us, the loss of one leader is immeasurable but two is measureless.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.