One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no bounds or limits; unlimited.‘Otto had measureless charm’
boundless, limitless, without limit, unlimited, unbounded, untold, immense, vast, great, endless, unending, never-ending, without end, inexhaustible, infinite, cosmic, interminable, unceasing, everlasting, illimitable, immeasurable, incalculableView synonyms
- ‘He zipped along streams and paths of data, revelling in the freedom, in the measureless immensity that was inside.’
- ‘The Evangelical calculus attempts to console and convert grieving relatives and witnesses by redefining such loss as a means to the measureless prize of eternal life.’
- ‘They live in the measureless depths of the ocean off the Australian coast.’
- ‘One is left to wonder if reality is a measureless sarcophagus containing us all, the living, dead, and those not yet born?’
- ‘It relates to measureless expenditures of energy and is a violation of the integrity of the human being.’
- ‘Hard times have come upon us, the loss of one leader is immeasurable but two is measureless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.