One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘This,’ Raven said, slowly and measuredly, ‘is for my father.’’
- ‘‘I am not particularly old,’ she said measuredly, trying to regain her composure so that she didn't make things worse for herself.’
- ‘Then in another bulletin, the President is aired where he slowly and measuredly states that land reform will take place within the legal framework.’
- ‘With all due respect to the biographical enterprise, isn't this an instance where the subject has spoken so measuredly and finally that there is really little more to say?’
- ‘There will be six forums so the public's voice can be heard, but in the end, how do you rebuild tastefully, respectfully, measuredly?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.