One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in a political context) the facilities and resources for producing goods.‘in this society, the means of production are communally owned’
- ‘The tendency to overproduction and crisis is both the cause and the consequence of the capitalists' revolutionising of the means of production.’
- ‘Second, workers now own the means of production.’
- ‘After revolution working classes would own the means of production.’
- ‘So, Marx argued that as long as one is not controlling the means of production, they are proletarian.’
- ‘Members of dominant classes, controlling large quantities of the means of production, will be able to enter markets from a position where they can seek to ‘regulate’ the market to their advantage.’
- ‘It has agglomerated population, centralized means of production, and has concentrated property in a few hands.’
- ‘To restore order, the Federal Reserve brought down interest rates in record-breaking fashion, but there was no response from corporations already overloaded with means of production.’
- ‘Yet, whereas capitalists simply own the means of production, intellectuals are directly involved in the actual processes of production.’
- ‘Under capitalism, the social relation between those who own the means of production and those who possess labor power has been exploited.’
- ‘If private individuals are allowed to own any means of production, it can't be socialism, they will say.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.