One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And,’ she said meaningly, ‘if you haven't guessed as much already, Theo blamed himself.’’
- ‘They talked until long into the night, until she nodded meaningly toward Irena's sleeping form.’
- ‘‘That's not too old for a,’ I coughed meaningly, ‘scandalous relationship.’’
- ‘As Arley came back inside, Mike said meaningly to Satu, who nodded in response, ‘I think there's just one distraction right now that needs dealing with.’’
- ‘‘As long as they don't get caught,’ Jason told her meaningly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.