One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have good intentions, but not always the ability to carry them out.‘he means well and is anxious to rule wisely’
- ‘He knew she meant well, but he couldn't face her.’
- ‘I know you meant well, but why sacrifice yourself for me?’
- ‘Devon always means well, he doesn't like to hurt people.’
- ‘I'm sure she meant well, but that made me feel angrier than ever, made me feel that she didn't understand at all.’
- ‘The woman meant well, but always ended up criticising every little thing I did.’
- ‘He grinned, letting both females know he meant well.’
- ‘These editors mean well, they just don't know what they're doing.’
- ‘She was still pretty uptight, but she meant well.’
- ‘I suppose he may have meant well, but he isn't exactly blessed with an abundance of tact.’
- ‘‘She always means well,’ Harry muttered in reply.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.