One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have good intentions, but not always the ability to carry them out.‘he means well and is anxious to rule wisely’
- ‘I know you meant well, but why sacrifice yourself for me?’
- ‘The woman meant well, but always ended up criticising every little thing I did.’
- ‘Devon always means well, he doesn't like to hurt people.’
- ‘‘She always means well,’ Harry muttered in reply.’
- ‘I suppose he may have meant well, but he isn't exactly blessed with an abundance of tact.’
- ‘He grinned, letting both females know he meant well.’
- ‘He knew she meant well, but he couldn't face her.’
- ‘These editors mean well, they just don't know what they're doing.’
- ‘She was still pretty uptight, but she meant well.’
- ‘I'm sure she meant well, but that made me feel angrier than ever, made me feel that she didn't understand at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.