One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small sap-sucking scale insect which is coated with a white powdery wax resembling meal and which can be a serious pest.
Family Pseudococcidae, suborder Homoptera: Pseudococcus and other genera
- ‘Insects such as ants, mealy bugs and thrips have been found in 37 out of 43 shipments, which then needed fumigation.’
- ‘The plant is vulnerable to mealy bugs and red spider mites.’
- ‘Aphids are coming out and if you notice white fluffy stuff on your citrus it is highly likely it's a mealy bug.’
- ‘They dart among flowers and lay eggs among clusters of aphids, mealy bugs, mites, scale and other pests where their larvae can feed.’
- ‘Other common pests include spider mites and mealy bugs.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.