One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounSouth African
Maize meal, used especially for porridge.
- ‘Prices of maize will go up as a result of Government's decision to allow limited exports of maize and mealie meal.’
- ‘He said the shortage of mealie meal in the town was caused by some unscrupulous people including vendors who have since been removed from the streets.’
- ‘The Food Reserve Agency has urged millers on the Copperbelt to immediately reduce the prices of mealie meal now that there is a steady flow of maize to milling companies in the province.’
- ‘The cattlemen were eating slabs of mealie meal and oil in a cabbage relish, but really it was too hot for food, so we were just resting, letting our limbs hang loose in the humidity.’
- ‘The Millers Association of Zambia has supported plans by the Government to introduce Vitamin A fortified mealie meal in Zambia because it is a cost-effective way of delivering vitamins and minerals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.