One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounSouth African
Maize meal, used especially for porridge.
- ‘The Food Reserve Agency has urged millers on the Copperbelt to immediately reduce the prices of mealie meal now that there is a steady flow of maize to milling companies in the province.’
- ‘Prices of maize will go up as a result of Government's decision to allow limited exports of maize and mealie meal.’
- ‘The cattlemen were eating slabs of mealie meal and oil in a cabbage relish, but really it was too hot for food, so we were just resting, letting our limbs hang loose in the humidity.’
- ‘The Millers Association of Zambia has supported plans by the Government to introduce Vitamin A fortified mealie meal in Zambia because it is a cost-effective way of delivering vitamins and minerals.’
- ‘He said the shortage of mealie meal in the town was caused by some unscrupulous people including vendors who have since been removed from the streets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.