One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘They think it's a McCarthyite vendetta against Dr Wakefield.’
- ‘In a bitterly angry riposte Benveniste described the investigation as a mockery of scientific inquiry, and compared it to a Salem witch hunt or a McCarthyite prosecution.’
- ‘In the absence of that, this is just a McCarthyist witch-hunt.’
- ‘I would hope that all the institutions represented here would join in a protest against this McCarthyite attempt to suppress dissident views.’
- ‘They think it's a McCarthyist vendetta against Dr Wakefield.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.