One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a mayor.‘mayoral candidates’‘the mayoral election’
- ‘He eschewed his $195,000 annual mayoral salary, in favor of $1 a year.’
- ‘Political attacks on the incumbent at this time of crisis could have severe political repercussions on the mayoral hopefuls.’
- ‘The group recently spent significant resources opposing a mayoral proposal to inspect apartments upon turnover.’
- ‘A mayoral report published just prior to his arrival took the police department to task over its information infrastructure.’
- ‘You never hear anything interesting about that mayoral campaign.’
- ‘A mayoral spokesman said the ban sends a defeatist message to the rest of the world.’
- ‘He showed me around his neighborhood with a sort of informal mayoral pride.’
- ‘Mayoral promotion was the only fast route through the ranks of the jurats, which was basically a society of equals of varying degrees of experience.’
- ‘Questions were asked about the use of the mayoral carriage for his wedding.’
- ‘Last week, the wheels threatened to come off his mayoral carriage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.