One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cosmetic) reduce the shine or oiliness of (the complexion).
- ‘‘If you're only oily in the T-zone, try using a mattifying lotion under your makeup in the oily areas,’ suggests Michael.’
- ‘Of course, you'll probably need to try a few out to find the best one for your skin but, as a general rule, pick alcohol-free formulations for dry skin and pick mattifying or shine-control toners for oily skin.’
- ‘If that isn't enough, you could always try mattifying moisturisers.’
- ‘And if you still get midday shine, mattify it by dabbing on a weightless powder that won't leave skin caked.’
- ‘If you need extra oil control, she suggests using a mattifying lotion underneath your sunscreen and makeup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.