One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The matrilineal moieties, for example, articulate the matrilineally transmitted ‘flesh’ or totems.’
- ‘Family relations are traced back equally both matrilineally and patrilineally, and active kin groups often extend to the great-grandparents.’
- ‘Perhaps it will turn out that timber rattlesnakes organize themselves matrilineally - in other words, that social groups form along the maternal line, with extensive contact among related individuals across generations.’
- ‘The most important kin grouping is the family, which is defined both matrilineally and patrilineally.’
- ‘Land rights pass patrilineally or matrilineally to surviving members of kin groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.