One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The most important kin grouping is the family, which is defined both matrilineally and patrilineally.’
- ‘Land rights pass patrilineally or matrilineally to surviving members of kin groups.’
- ‘The matrilineal moieties, for example, articulate the matrilineally transmitted ‘flesh’ or totems.’
- ‘Family relations are traced back equally both matrilineally and patrilineally, and active kin groups often extend to the great-grandparents.’
- ‘Perhaps it will turn out that timber rattlesnakes organize themselves matrilineally - in other words, that social groups form along the maternal line, with extensive contact among related individuals across generations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.