One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A witness whose evidence is likely to be sufficiently important to influence the outcome of a trial.
- ‘A federal district court judge says the Justice Department may not jail material witnesses indefinitely.’
- ‘Elements of both crimes are clearly demonstrated in the declarations of the material witnesses.’
- ‘A person who was eyewitness to an event can be a material witness.’
- ‘However at that time, the police, who were the only material witnesses in the case, were still in Castries.’
- ‘Justice officials insist that more than half of the detained material witnesses have ended up in criminal prosecutions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.