Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A conical prominence of the temporal bone behind the ear, to which neck muscles are attached, and which has air spaces linked to the middle ear.
- ‘The tuning fork is placed against the mastoid process to measure the conduction of sound by bone.’
- ‘The mastoid process is slightly damaged at its tip, but is still longer than is usual among macropodoids.’
- ‘Gentle vertical traction was applied to the mastoid processes as a deep inspiration was taken to obtain the measurement.’
- ‘The fetal suture between the squama and the mastoid process sometimes persists in the adult.’
- ‘The first option is a vertical incision along a line connecting the sternal-clavicular junction with the mastoid process.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.