One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A conical prominence of the temporal bone behind the ear, to which neck muscles are attached, and which has air spaces linked to the middle ear.
- ‘Gentle vertical traction was applied to the mastoid processes as a deep inspiration was taken to obtain the measurement.’
- ‘The first option is a vertical incision along a line connecting the sternal-clavicular junction with the mastoid process.’
- ‘The fetal suture between the squama and the mastoid process sometimes persists in the adult.’
- ‘The tuning fork is placed against the mastoid process to measure the conduction of sound by bone.’
- ‘The mastoid process is slightly damaged at its tip, but is still longer than is usual among macropodoids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.