One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The input force is generated by the masticatory musculature and the output force is exerted by the teeth on food.’
- ‘Usually, muscle properties described for the leg muscles are used, and although the type of tissue is similar it is unclear how these properties in the leg muscles relate to those in the masticatory muscles.’
- ‘The botched banquet is a mortifying experience, and in my time I have served squid cooked until it had the texture, nutritional value and masticatory pleasure of a big rubber band.’
- ‘Alterations in the normal masticatory process lead to changes in the wear pattern of adjacent teeth.’
- ‘During growth, the masticatory system, as a static-lever apparatus, retains its initial characteristics of force transfer, despite the considerable changes in skull shape.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.