One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A second or further degree in a science subject.‘the school has offered its Master of Science in Applied Mathematics since 1952’
- ‘Under her direction, they established the first Master of Science in nursing.’
- ‘I graduated with my Master of Science in rehabilitation counseling in May 2002.’
- ‘I am a first-year graduate student working on my Master of Science in accounting.’
- ‘The Master of Science was a non-thesis degree.’
- ‘He went on to earn a Master of Science in sports studies.’
- ‘He completed a Master of Science in 1986.’
- ‘She currently is pursuing a Master of Science in nursing degree.’
- ‘She was the first postgraduate to be awarded a Master of Science in tourism studies.’
- ‘He holds a Master of Science in physics.’
- ‘The department offers graduate programs leading to the degree of Master of Science.’
- 1.1 A person holding a second or further degree in a science subject.
- ‘He was a Master of Science, having earned a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree in chemical engineering.’
- ‘He is a Master of Science in computer science with a major in financial statement analysis and artificial intelligence.’
- ‘He is a Master of Science in naval architecture.’
- ‘She told the court she had held a diploma in applied podiatry, was a Master of Science and held a PhD in the field of podiatry.’
- ‘She is a Master of Science specializing in human resource development areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.