One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a computer) consisting of a great many parallel processing units, and so able to execute many different parts of a program at the same time.
- ‘The challenge of developing codes for very complex, massively parallel computers has increased the emphasis on programming skills.’
- ‘Hundreds of millions of cheap computers working together as massively parallel computers lead to scientific advances we can't even imagine.’
- ‘In practice, most processors in a massively parallel computer end up sitting idle waiting for others to finish their task.’
- ‘Fifteen or twenty years from now computers will be massively parallel and will be based on biologically inspired models, which we will devise largely by understanding how the brain works.’
- ‘These are also euphemistically called scalable parallel, massively parallel, or cluster computers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.