Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A distribution of ions shown by the use of a mass spectrograph or mass spectrometer.
- ‘A mass spectrum of gramicidin in methanol shows three sets of peaks, corresponding to the different gramicidin species that are present in the sample.’
- ‘Their authenticity was confirmed by UV, electrospray mass spectra and high-field proton NMR spectroscopy.’
- ‘This analysis method helps find the composition of a physical sample by generating a mass spectrum that represents the masses of the sample's components.’
- ‘The structures of these derivatives were characterized with proton nuclear magnetic resonance, infrared and mass spectra.’
- ‘The resulting fragment ions were subjected to mass analysis to produce a tandem mass spectrum.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.