One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pit dug in the ground to receive a large number of dead bodies.‘2,800 civilians were massacred and buried in mass graves’
- ‘Morgan has noted that one mass grave was reportedly filled with nearly 1,500 of the slain rebels.’
- ‘I heard that, of the 400,000 bodies buried in mass graves, only 5000 had been found.’
- ‘The mass graves discovered in the course of the American liberation tell their own poignant story.’
- ‘With the other executed rebels, his body was put into a mass grave with no coffin.’
- ‘The first day we got here, we drove 10 minutes from the airport, because we heard there was a mass grave.’
- ‘There's a mass grave where 150 people are buried.’
- ‘Excavation of the East Smithfield cemeteries, revealed that the dead were neatly stacked five deep in the mass graves.’
- ‘Mass graves have been found of victims of the Black Death.’
- ‘A number of lead crosses were recovered from London, apparently thrown into the mass graves.’
- ‘In addition, a Senior British Army Jewish Chaplain held a burial service as each mass grave was filled in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.