One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pit dug in the ground to receive a large number of dead bodies.‘2,800 civilians were massacred and buried in mass graves’
- ‘In addition, a Senior British Army Jewish Chaplain held a burial service as each mass grave was filled in.’
- ‘There's a mass grave where 150 people are buried.’
- ‘The first day we got here, we drove 10 minutes from the airport, because we heard there was a mass grave.’
- ‘A number of lead crosses were recovered from London, apparently thrown into the mass graves.’
- ‘Mass graves have been found of victims of the Black Death.’
- ‘With the other executed rebels, his body was put into a mass grave with no coffin.’
- ‘The mass graves discovered in the course of the American liberation tell their own poignant story.’
- ‘Morgan has noted that one mass grave was reportedly filled with nearly 1,500 of the slain rebels.’
- ‘Excavation of the East Smithfield cemeteries, revealed that the dead were neatly stacked five deep in the mass graves.’
- ‘I heard that, of the 400,000 bodies buried in mass graves, only 5000 had been found.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.