One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Both texts bear close resemblance to the Masoretic text (which was translated from 895-1000 A.D.) which is the standard text used today for all Hebrew Bible translations.’
- ‘His reading of this verse as ‘In the beginning of God's creation of the heaven and the earth’ is not consistent with the Masoretic form of the second word, here translated as ‘creation.’’
- ‘Many Catalan Bibles have decorated tables at the beginning with the Masoretic lists, the precepts, calendars, or other material.’
- ‘His published scholarship in the fields of Hebrew grammar and Masoretic studies will continue to influence them in the foreseeable future.’
- ‘Because of the loss of part of the Codex it was necessary to refer to another early Masoretic manuscript, specifically the Leningrad Codex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.