A lentil of a small orange-red variety.
- ‘Masoor may be substituted with any other whole lentils of your choice.’
- ‘The most popular of these are dried, split mung beans (moong dal) and dried black gram beans (urad dal); the yellow split pea (channa dal); and small, pinkish-red lentils (masoor dal) that turn pale yellow when cooked.’
- ‘Wash and boil the masoor dal adding a pinch of turmeric.’
- ‘Still, those who do go there to savour the ‘best of Parsi cuisine’ - showcased in dishes such as akoori, patra-ni-machhi, sali boti and sali murghi, curry rice, dhandal patio, cutlets, and masoor - get to dine, and dance as well.’
- ‘The first name indicates the type of lentils used, so masoor dhal refers to red lentils.’
From Hindi masūr.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.