One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Qualities or attributes regarded as characteristic of men.‘handsome, muscled, and driven, he's a prime example of masculinity’
virility, manliness, maleness, vigour, strength, muscularity, ruggedness, toughness, robustnessView synonyms
- ‘A triumphant and energetic return to work in the office dispels doubts about his masculinity.’
- ‘The critical misunderstanding is that not every display of masculinity is sexual.’
- ‘The office of president, always held by men, promotes a mental link between authority and masculinity.’
- ‘The learned professor is not the first to point out that modern masculinity faces challenging times.’
- ‘These two knights of the realm are mirror images, roughly the same age and both enduring embodiments of masculinity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.