One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Qualities or attributes regarded as characteristic of men.‘handsome, muscled, and driven, he's a prime example of masculinity’
virility, manliness, maleness, vigour, strength, muscularity, ruggedness, toughness, robustnessView synonyms
- ‘The office of president, always held by men, promotes a mental link between authority and masculinity.’
- ‘A triumphant and energetic return to work in the office dispels doubts about his masculinity.’
- ‘The learned professor is not the first to point out that modern masculinity faces challenging times.’
- ‘These two knights of the realm are mirror images, roughly the same age and both enduring embodiments of masculinity.’
- ‘The critical misunderstanding is that not every display of masculinity is sexual.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.