Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Qualities or attributes regarded as characteristic of men.‘handsome, muscled, and driven, he's a prime example of masculinity’
virility, manliness, maleness, vigour, strength, muscularity, ruggedness, toughness, robustnessView synonyms
- ‘The office of president, always held by men, promotes a mental link between authority and masculinity.’
- ‘These two knights of the realm are mirror images, roughly the same age and both enduring embodiments of masculinity.’
- ‘The critical misunderstanding is that not every display of masculinity is sexual.’
- ‘A triumphant and energetic return to work in the office dispels doubts about his masculinity.’
- ‘The learned professor is not the first to point out that modern masculinity faces challenging times.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.