One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Wonderful; marvellous.‘lovely tunes and marvy melodies’
excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, splendid, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate, outstandingView synonyms
- ‘In case you need any more convincing, here's a marvy interview with the author, as well as an excerpt.’
- ‘Sounds like you guys have/had a really nice one against many odds, with lots of marvy memories.’
- ‘‘Well this is a marvy idea,’ she said sarcastically.’
- ‘The two of us are having a marvy old time sitting around discussing everything from the current U.S political scene to his old associate.’
- ‘The magazine, as usual, does a marvy job at summing things up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.