One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Wonderful; marvellous.‘lovely tunes and marvy melodies’
excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, splendid, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate, outstandingView synonyms
- ‘The magazine, as usual, does a marvy job at summing things up.’
- ‘Sounds like you guys have/had a really nice one against many odds, with lots of marvy memories.’
- ‘In case you need any more convincing, here's a marvy interview with the author, as well as an excerpt.’
- ‘‘Well this is a marvy idea,’ she said sarcastically.’
- ‘The two of us are having a marvy old time sitting around discussing everything from the current U.S political scene to his old associate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.