One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical American herbaceous plant with fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers which open late in the afternoon.Also called four o'clock plant
- ‘The four o'clock Flower is also commonly known as the "Marvel of Peru"; Mirabilis jalapa is a tuberous rooted, small herbaceous shrub about 50 cm in height.’
- ‘They came to European gardens from South America in the 16th century, and were known as marvel-of-Peru.’
- ‘The marvel of Peru is usually grown as a half-hardy annual in temperate zones, it flowers freely in its first year.’
- ‘For a balanced development, it is best to position the The marvel of Peru in a place where it is exposed to at least a few hours of direct sunlight.’
- ‘Marvel of Peru comes in different colors ranging from yellow, orange, pink and red and from the very range of colors which are all bright you can imagine how fascinating and charming they would look in any arrangement they contain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.