One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Caribbean island of Martinique, an overseas region of France.‘the celebrated Martiniquan psychiatrist’
- ‘The music and dance, especially of a sensuous variety, are distinctly Martinican.’
- ‘A pretty Martiniquan girl came to Port of Spain for Carnival.’
- ‘The celebrated Martiniquan psychiatrist worked in Algeria.’
- ‘In 1939, the young Martiniquan poet had returned from France.’
- ‘Much Martinican cuisine is prepared from seafood and shellfish.’
A native or inhabitant of the Caribbean island of Martinique, an overseas region of France.‘most were native Martiniquans’
- ‘As full citizens of France, Martinicans are members of the European community.’
- ‘The Martiniquan won the French Goncourt Prize in 1921.’
- ‘The young Martiniquan was back for the international competition.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.