One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A carnivorous mouse-like marsupial native to Australia and New Guinea.
Several genera and species, family Dasyuridae
- ‘The other thing I probably didn't mention is they're also an important source of food for a lot of groups, bandicoots may dig them up, some of the marsupial mice are eating them.’
- ‘The number of small mammals together with some very swollen testicles were signs that the rodents and marsupial mice were breeding in response to the June rains.’
- ‘This newborn marsupial mouse breaths through its skin.’
- ‘The brush-tailed marsupial mouse has a unique reproductive strategy. Females breed annually; matings occurring over a short period of 2 - 3 weeks.’
- ‘My first impression was that there was a marsupial mice plague - they had not been reintroduced into the area but had taken advantage of the sanctuary's safety to explode in numbers and they hopped across our path at speed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.