One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mole-like burrowing Australian marsupial with yellow fur and a horny shield on the front of the head.
Notoryctes typhlops, the only member of the family Notoryctidae
- ‘There have been no direct studies of hearing in golden moles or in the marsupial mole.’
- ‘Sensory hairs are evidently present in nearly all species of fossorial mammals, the possible exception being the marsupial mole, Notoryctes.’
- ‘They range from small four-footed forms like the marsupial mole, Notoryctes, to the large two-legged kangaroos.’
- ‘Golden moles and marsupial moles use upwards thrusts of their heads in combination with their forelimbs to move the soil.’
- ‘There are no reports of any form of vibratory communication in talpid moles or in the marsupial mole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.