One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characteristic of or resembling a marsh; waterlogged.‘the marshy ground towards the sea’
boggy, swampy, muddy, squelchy, soggy, waterlogged, oozy, squashy, miry, fennyView synonyms
- ‘In the summer, they breed on marshy, lowland tundra at the northern limits of the boreal forest.’
- ‘Hilly, wooded, and marshy regions, marginal from a settler point of view, were capable of functioning as core areas of native lordship.’
- ‘They nest in the low Arctic, on tundra ponds with marshy shores and bogs.’
- ‘It was a large, indoor school that sat upon a sandy island surrounded by marshy swampland.’
- ‘They were marching steadily across the marshy northlands, their pace slowed by the necessity of watching their feet for sinkholes and mud puddles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.