One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Soon, car marshallers from the nearby assembly plant began independently parking their newly manufactured Mustangs in the test lot.’
- ‘The workers involved include firefighters, security staff, engineers, clerical staff and airfield marshallers.’
- ‘He is working as an aircraft marshaller at the city's airport alongside personnel from Canada, Germany and the United States.’
- ‘The crew chief for the parked aircraft was also observing the wingtip clearance and continued to signal to the marshaller that all was clear, giving a thumbs-up.’
- ‘The Federal Aviation Administration actually requires three ground crewmembers to guide in each big plane - a ‘marshaler’ under the nose of the aircraft and two ‘wing walkers’ on either side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.