One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Intellectual pursuits were considered as threatening a girl's femininity and potential marriageability.’
- ‘This is the only function that is sex specific and thus essentially relates to the sex of the hero and his marriageability.’
- ‘A single untoward remark or social misstep by any family member can sink a prospective marriage; failed negotiations in turn put the family reputation - and thus the marriageability of every family member - at risk.’
- ‘Circumcision is a way of protecting propriety, morality, and marriageability.’
- ‘They kept it quiet because they thought it could affect the marriageability of other women in the family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.