One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of a set of solemn promises made by two people when they get married.‘her husband has broken his marriage vows and betrayed her’
- ‘They remain true to their marriage vows even though their respective spouses do not.’
- ‘We honor our marriage vows, we're kind to children, we support charities, and we don't own a gun.’
- ‘To publicly exchange marriage vows is the foundation of an enduring commitment.’
- ‘Nothing tied him down - no restrictions, no regulations, no marriage vows.’
- ‘The rite of marriage is then performed, with marriage vows according to Catholic custom.’
- ‘He broke his marriage vows at the five-year mark.’
- ‘Marriage vows become finalized with an exchange of gold wedding bands.’
- ‘If you truly love each other I think you will go ahead and take your marriage vows.’
- ‘To traditional couples, marriage vows show their commitment to each other in a public way.’
- ‘Affirming marriage vows in public helps give each partner greater assurance that each really means it.’
- ‘Now that her parents are preparing to renew their marriage vows, she finds her emotions to be seriously conflicted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.