One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A marriage certificate.
- ‘The registration of marriages and the issuing of ‘marriage lines ' to be held by one of the spouses, usually the wife, were important procedures for establishing status and the legitimacy of children.’
- ‘Once the certificate is deposited, you can obtain an officially certified English-language translation of your marriage lines at any time, upon application and payment of the appropriate fee.’
- ‘The coming local elections are well and truly a family affair, with seven husband and wife teams joined on party lines as well as by marriage lines to fight seats.’
- ‘Using birth certificates, archives and marriage lines John tries to understand more about the circumstances surrounding his birth and why he was given away.’
- ‘The claim must be supported with death certificates and marriage lines of the past descendants plus the applicants own birth certificate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.