One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The situation in which same-sex couples have the same legal right to marry as opposite-sex couples.‘he has been a long-time supporter of marriage equality’
- ‘One of the earliest supporters of marriage equality, he lobbied the State House in support of the freedom to marry.’
- ‘Many lesbian and gay grandparents have been working for full marriage equality for more than 25 years.’
- ‘She's asking couples how marriage equality has positively changed their lives and what it would mean to have nationwide marriage equality.’
- ‘Revelers were all smiles as they proudly waved rainbow colored flags, held up signs supporting marriage equality and hugged their loved ones tightly!’
- ‘Marriage equality is the constitutional civil rights issue of this decade.’
- ‘The struggle for marriage equality is not new - but it is now more visible.’
- ‘The actor has been at the forefront of the marriage equality debate.’
- ‘When a few Hawaiians began to push for marriage equality in the early 1990s most gay men and lesbians - including the largest activist groups - scoffed at such a thought.’
- ‘Though the struggle is far from over, today is a pivotal step forward in the ongoing fight for marriage equality.’
- ‘A rally was held outside Boston's City Hall in favor of marriage equality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.