One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The bed shared by a married couple (especially with reference to their sexual relationship)‘she refused to allow him back into their marriage bed’
- ‘I am certain that my parents, who stayed together for more than 40 years until my father died, never strayed from the marriage bed.’
- ‘With the dawning of adequate contraception it was not so necessary to preserve virginity for the marriage bed.’
- ‘She knows nothing about being a wife, nothing about how to run a household, and definitely nothing about the marriage bed.’
- ‘Deprived of the comforts of their marriage bed, and feeling a little deflated by their wives' newfound power, the men launch a counter campaign.’
- ‘I think it's likely that your husband is resentful that you have left the marriage bed.’
- ‘It was the linen of nuns and convents rather than of brides and marriage beds.’
- ‘While this is not an excuse for a man to sin sexually, his wife is accountable for her part in the marriage bed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.