One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The bed shared by a married couple (especially with reference to their sexual relationship)‘she refused to allow him back into their marriage bed’
- ‘With the dawning of adequate contraception it was not so necessary to preserve virginity for the marriage bed.’
- ‘She knows nothing about being a wife, nothing about how to run a household, and definitely nothing about the marriage bed.’
- ‘I think it's likely that your husband is resentful that you have left the marriage bed.’
- ‘I am certain that my parents, who stayed together for more than 40 years until my father died, never strayed from the marriage bed.’
- ‘While this is not an excuse for a man to sin sexually, his wife is accountable for her part in the marriage bed.’
- ‘It was the linen of nuns and convents rather than of brides and marriage beds.’
- ‘Deprived of the comforts of their marriage bed, and feeling a little deflated by their wives' newfound power, the men launch a counter campaign.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.