One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman skilled in shooting.
marksman, shooter, riflemanView synonyms
- ‘Annie Oakley, a survivor of battery, whipping, torture, starving, freezing, and repeated, brutal rape at the hands of a foster father, became internationally famous for her skill as a markswoman.’
- ‘The desire to have such equipment in Orkney was prompted by the success of the visually impaired markswoman.’
- ‘My favorite video shows a competitive markswoman whose response to the e-mail was to shoot it up.’
- ‘Moments earlier, Cashel's ace markswoman had pointed an equaliser and it seemed a replay beckoned.’
- ‘Her silver medal in three-position rifle at the 1976 Olympic Games made her the first markswoman in history to win an Olympic medal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.