One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system for awarding points for correct answers or for proficiency in an examination or competition.‘students can view their exam papers to see how the marking scheme was applied’‘these tests are not as objective as the marking system suggests’
- ‘"The very brightest are definitely constrained by the exam marking schemes," Mr Cairns said.’
- ‘The Commission gave her the notes of her own interview, the criteria and marking schemes but refused to disclose information about the other candidates.’
- ‘Each candidate's work is marked according to the common marking scheme for the subject which is applied nationally.’
- ‘Teachers have defended the Leaving Certificate marking system which has drawn criticism from parents' groups over mistakes by examiners.’
- ‘A marking scheme should be devised, with the bulk of the marks available to those key criteria set down in this scheme.’
- ‘The handbooks also include essential information such as marking schemes, essay requirements and dates for essay submissions.’
- ‘If a student fails a subject, they have access to their paper and can review the marking scheme, to see where they went wrong.’
- ‘The problems stemmed from a revamp of the marking system which let examiners focus on either reading or writing papers rather than marking both.’
- ‘Requiring a 70 to pass simply skews the marking system; a 50 is converted to a 70.’
- ‘The exam board defended its marking scheme, insisting the tests were "robust".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.