One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A felt-tip pen with a broad tip.‘write the date on the lid with a permanent marking pen’
- ‘Trace around the template with a water-soluble marking pen.’
- ‘Write on the top surface using a water-based permanent marker (not a ball point or solvent-based permanent marking pen).’
- ‘A red marking pen is useful for outlining a few key facts scattered here and there among the lofty and smarmy rhetoric.’
- ‘Making an indelible mark with a surgical marking pen or tattoo is the accepted practice to ensure proper identification of the preferred site during the operative procedure.’
- ‘Leaves were numbered with a permanent marking pen, the seedling leaf being leaf number 1.’
- ‘Non-permanent marking pens are also handy for marking embroidery or embellishment placement.’
- ‘Use a marking pen to write DRINKING WATER on the container.’
- ‘Once you're satisfied with the design, go over it with a marking pen.’
- ‘As a result, readers should tackle the book with a yellow marking pen and a watchful eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.