Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.‘the Western arts of marketing and distribution’as modifier ‘a marketing campaign’
business methods, business practices, business, commerce, trading, trafficking, merchandising, transactions, financial transactionsView synonyms
- ‘I would suggest mail order and specialist computer magazines as your initial marketing channels.’
- ‘In the end, it will all come down to clever marketing of the brand extension.’
- ‘After the funding the company plans to grow it development team and take on more sales and marketing staff.’
- ‘New products and more focused marketing efforts have been slower to take off in Europe than America.’
- ‘Nor can they be confined to the joint promotion and marketing of a financial product.’
- ‘Another marketing method is to service each part of the body every time a client comes in.’
- ‘For services it is easier because location or marketing can be a source of advantage.’
- ‘In business and marketing, a trend is mostly a good thing to try to capture and leverage.’
- ‘Social marketing uses the methods of commercial marketing and applies them to a product with a social benefit.’
- ‘Various types of marketing, retailing and production cooperatives also flourished in this period.’
- ‘For a small business marketing may seem, and be, expensive if not managed effectively.’
- ‘John was chosen in recognition of his novel marketing idea in promoting the hotel overseas.’
- ‘Thirty per cent of all e-mail traffic is accounted for by marketing campaigns.’
- ‘Not fully understanding the scope of marketing often limits business success.’
- ‘A few of them felt that proper marketing facility would help them to sell their produce in a big way.’
- ‘It is also right to focus its marketing strategy on niche retailing sites in underground stations and airports.’
- ‘The first workshops on export marketing will be conducted in Oshakati and Tsumeb.’
- ‘The syllabus also covers how to develop good marketing and PR to promote the business.’
- ‘Women form an important link in the marketing chain of retail products in Namibia.’
- ‘Or is it just the end product of a particularly successful marketing campaign?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.