Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The company selling the largest quantity of a particular product.‘we have emerged as the clear market leader in the pet retail trade’
- ‘The company is a market leader in low-flow gas catalytic combustion technology.’
- ‘Opodo is so confident of success that it predicts it will become the market leader in online travel by 2004.’
- ‘CRH is the fourth largest producer of aggregates in the US and a market leader in asphalt.’
- ‘It operates a similar business model to the market leader, Dell, which does not have any inventory and makes computers to meet demand.’
- ‘The company has very strong management and is the clear market leader.’
- ‘The company is now the market leader in a number of key growth segments in the British food industry, including sandwiches, quiche and pizza.’
- ‘Jamaica money Market Brokers Ltd was the market leader with 620,161 shares crossing the floor.’
- ‘The CEO has built the Hain Celestial Group Inc. into the market leader in natural foods.’
- ‘Car market leader Maruti sold 49, 399 units including 5,458 units in exports this October.’
- ‘CRH is the market leader with production of about 2.5 million tonnes.’
- ‘Nissan is the apparent market leader in France, selling 3,800 units this year.’
- ‘Having a strong brand identity, solid management and positive cash flow mean a lot if your company is to be the market leader.’
- ‘If the company isn't the market leader, that doesn't mean that you should leave.’
- ‘It is now the top foreign insurer in both China and Japan, a market leader in Southeast Asia, and an important new player in India.’
- ‘The company, which is backed by Microsoft, claimed it was the clear market leader in the UK, with a 25% share.’
- ‘By 1998 we had 200 employed in Dublin and Cork and were the clear market leader in the sector in which we operated.’
- ‘TLG aims to be the fastest growing crystal supplier and the market leader in customer service and product innovation and design.’
- ‘It is a market leader in brokerage services and total deposits.’
- ‘Sagicor Financial Corporation Ltd was the market leader with a traded volume of 188,538 shares traded.’
- ‘Moffat's group designs and sells personal computers - just like Dell, the market leader, does.’
- 1.1 A product which outsells its competitors.‘the company made its disposable razor the market leader’
- ‘The product is a market leader but facing heavy competition from several ‘me too’ products or generic drugs.’
- ‘Between six and ten in the evening it is the market leader among 15 to 24-year-old Dubliners.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.