One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The value of a company that is traded on the stock market, calculated by multiplying the total number of shares by the present share price.‘the company's shares closed on Friday at 18p, giving it a market capitalization of £9.15m’
- ‘"Momentum is building for them to gain greater market share and market capitalization," says Burroughs.’
- ‘The site says it is "home to about 3,000 companies worth nearly $16 trillion in global market capitalization."’
- ‘By the middle of 2002, telecoms shares had lost 95 per cent of their value; some $2.5 trillion of market capitalisation had gone up in smoke.’
- ‘Stock holders get an unrealistic view of the company's worth when they look at the market capitalization.’
- ‘Some high-tech companies that are declining in market capitalization or stock value have great products.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.