One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pine tree with long thick needles and clustered cones, native to the coasts of the Mediterranean and Iberia.
Pinus pinaster, family PinaceaeAlso called cluster pine
- ‘Lemoine et al. found a decrease in concentrations of N, P and K in stemwood, from the top of the stem to a height of 2 m, for maritime pine (Pinus pinaster Ait.).’
- ‘The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of aerial architecture on the dynamic characteristics of young maritime pines (Pinus pinaster Ait.) using a mechanistic approach.’
- ‘Drought differentially affects expression of a PR - 10 protein, in needles of maritime pine (Pinus pinaster Ait.) seedlings.’
- ‘The same 10 homologous linkage groups were identified between loblolly pine and maritime pine.’
- ‘This antioxidant flavonoid is an extract from the bark of the French maritime pine tree.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.