Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Modify or convert for marine use.‘a three-cylinder marinized 26 hp diesel engine’
- ‘The key is a lever handle that when pumped side-to-side activates a manual hydraulic marinized lift pump inside the body of the bracket.’
- ‘The project will deliver new leading edge aircraft that will be fully marinised and able to be used in multiple roles, including being able to operate from the RAN's current and future amphibious ships.’
- ‘Valve overlap, a process that helps engines run more efficiently, can also cause marinized engines to ingest the seawater used to cool their exhaust systems.’
- ‘Propulsion is provided by twin Hino diesel engines which were built in Japan and marinized in the U.S. by MerCruiser.’
- ‘The Gem is a fully marinised engine for operation in harsh erosive and corrosive environments, from desert and tropical conditions to freezing and arctic environments.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.