One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Modify or convert for marine use.‘a three-cylinder marinized 26 hp diesel engine’
- ‘The key is a lever handle that when pumped side-to-side activates a manual hydraulic marinized lift pump inside the body of the bracket.’
- ‘The project will deliver new leading edge aircraft that will be fully marinised and able to be used in multiple roles, including being able to operate from the RAN's current and future amphibious ships.’
- ‘Propulsion is provided by twin Hino diesel engines which were built in Japan and marinized in the U.S. by MerCruiser.’
- ‘Valve overlap, a process that helps engines run more efficiently, can also cause marinized engines to ingest the seawater used to cool their exhaust systems.’
- ‘The Gem is a fully marinised engine for operation in harsh erosive and corrosive environments, from desert and tropical conditions to freezing and arctic environments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.