One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large lizard with webbed feet, native to the Galapagos Islands, which swims strongly and is the only marine lizard.
- ‘This past year, I decided to return to the Galapagos for an intense four-month photo session among old friends such as giant tortoises, marine iguanas, and blue-footed boobies.’
- ‘The tortoises, marine iguanas and land iguanas on the Galapagos Islands, studied by Charles Darwin, provide some of the most striking examples.’
- ‘Primitive forms are small and insectivorous, but where there is less competition or predation they may develop into larger herbivores, as represented by the famous marine iguana of the Galapagos.’
- ‘Another example of likely feedback of social interactions onto circulating hormone levels comes from Galapagos marine iguanas.’
- ‘Unfortunately, we were not allowed to directly conduct a common garden experiment in the Galapagos because marine iguanas from different populations can not be brought into captivity at one site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.